Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peanut butter fans will like this nourishing bar cookie.
- Peanut Butter Bars from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 50–55 minutes total
- Serves: 36
- ¼ cup margarine
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⅓ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream margarine and peanut butter. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add both eggs and mix until well blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients until blended, then chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350°F for 30–35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.