Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup finely crushed peanut brittle
- 1 cup coconut macaroon crumbs
- Heat milk in top of double boiler.
- Add rice and salt; cover.
- Place over boiling water and cook about 30 minutes, or until milk is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Combine cream and honey; beat until stiff.
- Reserve a little whipped cream for the top of each serving.
- Fold remainder into chilled rice mixture.
- Combine peanut brittle with macaroon crumbs.
- Fill parfait glasses alternately with rice mixture and macaroon crumbs.
- Top with whipped cream.