Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 16 ounce can sliced peaches
- 2 pound ham slice
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot cooked rice
- Drain peaches reserving ½ cup syrup then set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ham slice on both sides in butter over medium heat then remove to platter and keep warm.
- Reserve drippings in skillet.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg then add orange juice, lemon juice and reserved peach syrup and stir until smooth.
- Add to drippings in skillet.
- Cook until thick stirring constantly.
- Stir in peaches and heat through.
- Add ham slice and heat for 3 minutes then cut into serving size pieces and serve over rice.