Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fully-cooked Ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 16-ounce can sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 Chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 medium sweet pickles, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Ham in butter 2 minutes. Add Onion and continue cooking until tender crisp.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup; add water to syrup to measure 1-1/2 cups. Stir syrup mixture, mustard, bouillon cubes, pickles, basil and pepper into pan. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add peach slices; simmer, covered, 5 minutes more.
- Blend pickle juice into cornstarch; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Serve over fluffy rice.