Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Forrest Estate in Denton, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups sifted [flour]]
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can peach slices
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup dairy sour cream
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Transfer to lightly greased baking pan and press crumbs firmly against bottom and sides.
- Arrange well drained peach slices evenly over bottom.
- Stir ½ cup sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks then blend in sour cream.
- Spoon over the partially baked kuchen and continue baking 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.