Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce can sliced peaches in juice*, drained
- whipped cream (optional)
- Combine rice, milk and Sugar.
- Cook over medium heat in 3-quart saucepan until thick and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vanilla. Pour into serving dish.
- Heat honey, butter, lemon juice, lemon peel, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir in drained peaches; cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Spoon over rice pudding. Serve warm or cool.
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.