This is great for breakfast.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbsp minute tapioca
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2½ cups flour, including oat, white, whole wheat, other
- 4 – 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1½ cups buttermilk, approximately
- Grease lasagna pan.
- Add peaches, sugar, minute tapioca.
- Bake at 400°F while you prepare the dough.
- Mix baking powder and flour (I like 1 cup oat flour, ½ cup white flour, ½ cup whole wheat and ½ cup barley, but there are many delicious possibilities).
- Cut in shortening as for pie crust.
- Add buttermilk, stirring with fork.
- You can make a thick biscuit dough and roll it to fit the size of your pan, or you can make a looser dough like a batter.
- Add raspberries to peaches; return to oven for 5 minutes to heat.
- Then remove from oven and either place rolled dough on top and slit some air holes in it or else quickly drop spoonfuls of it to cover the fruit.
- Bake at 400°F or even 450°F for about 20 minutes.