Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Weir Estate in Canton, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup peach preserves
- Blend eggs and sugar.
- Mix flour, salt, soda and spices together then add to egg mixture.
- Add milk, oil and preserves then pour into rectangular pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven and put lid on pan.
- Let steam good for 5 minutes then remove lid.
- Drain moisture off and put lid back on.