This golden recipe has a natural secret: peaches. A traditional accompaniment to the pancake, this fruit syrup is great on breakfast and dessert and keeps a warm taste with the peaches.
- 1 can peaches, with juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coarsely chop peaches; reserve juice.
- In a saucepan, mix peaches and juice with honey and cinnamon.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; add to the peaches.
- Heat on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 4–5 minutes.
- Spoon ⅓ cup over hot pancakes. Pour contents into the glass jar. Reserve the fruit-based pancake topping in the refrigerator.
Servings: 3 teaspoons or 4 tablespoons