Fruit sweet and sugar free
Fruit and nuts Edit
Wet ingredients Edit
- ½ cup fruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peach extract
- 1¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat bran
- ¾ cup rolled oats
Dry ingredients Edit
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with lecithin spray.
- Toast the pecans in the oven for 7 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the nuts to cool.
- Then coarsely chop them with a knife or with a pulsing action in a food processor.
- Coarsely chop the peaches.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the fruit sweetener, eggs, oil, vanilla, peach extract and applesauce.
- Stir in the oat bran and the rolled oats.
- Let this mixture sit for a minimum of 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the pecans and the date pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and stir in the wet mix.
- When half mixed, stir in the chopped peaches.
- Be careful not to over mix, the muffin batter should be lumpy.
- Use a #12 (½ cup) scoop to place the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin pans before removing them.
- Be extra careful when handling these muffins because they are very fragile when warm.