Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit sweet and sugar free
Fruit and nuts Edit
Wet ingredients Edit
- ½ cup fruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp peach extract
- 1¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup oat bran
- ¾ cup rolled oats
Dry ingredients Edit
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a regular size muffin tin with lecithin spray.
- Toast the pecans in the oven for 7 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the nuts to cool.
- Then coarsely chop them with a knife or with a pulsing action in a food processor.
- Coarsely chop the peaches.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the fruit sweetener, eggs, oil, vanilla, peach extract and applesauce.
- Stir in the oat bran and the rolled oats.
- Let this mixture sit for a minimum of 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir in the pecans and the date pieces.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and stir in the wet mix.
- When half mixed, stir in the chopped peaches.
- Be careful not to over mix, the muffin batter should be lumpy.
- Use a #12 (½ cup) scoop to place the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin pans before removing them.
- Be extra careful when handling these muffins because they are very fragile when warm.