- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1½ cups peaches, sliced
- 2 cups raspberries
- ⅓ cup peach pourable fruit (3 tbsp peach fruit spread combined with 2 tbsp warm water may be substituted for the pourable fruit)
- ⅓ cup raspberry fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Grease and flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Beat softened butter at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and apple juice concentrate, beating well after each addition; spread evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 minutes, until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire racks.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Drain peaches.
- Combine peaches, raspberries, and pourable fruit; mix lightly.
- Spread fruit spread evenly over one cake layer; top with second cake layer.
- Spoon fruit mixture over top of cake, letting excess fruit mixture drip down sides.
Nutritional information Edit
- 390 calories | 5 gm protein | 62 gm carbohydrate | 14 gm fat | 111 mg cholesterol | 314 mg sodium,
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ starch/bread | 3 fat | 2½ fruit.