Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 servings, about 24 four-inch pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 4 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- peach Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted, for garnish (optional)
- frozen peach slices, thawed and cut into chunks, for garnish (optional)
- peach Sauce:
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine milk, margarine, amaretto, (optional), vanilla, flour, Sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in rice.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat griddle or skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour 3 tablespoons batter for each pancake onto heated griddle or skillet.
- Cook until top is bubbly and underside is lightly browned (about 1 minute).
- Turn pancakes and lightly brown other side.
- Serve warm with peach Sauce and garnish with toasted almonds and peach chunks, if desired.
- peach Sauce: puree peaches in blender; transfer to 2-quart saucepan.
- Add Sugar, amaretto, (optional) and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until Sugar is melted and mixture thickens slightly, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Keep warm.