Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium ripe peaches, about 1 pound (480 g) total
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon (12 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground nutmeg
Crumble topping Edit
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) light brown sugar
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) cold reduced-fat stick margarine, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, gas mark 5).
- Peel peaches, removing the seed and cut into slices.
- Add lime juice, sugar, and nutmeg.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a shallow baking dish.
- To make topping: in a small bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, oats, brown sugar, and lime zest.
- Sprinkle mixture over the peaches and dot with margarine.
- Bake until topping is nicely browned and fruit juices have begun to bubble, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- 119 calories (16% calories from fat) | 2 g protein | 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat) | 25 g carbohydrates | 3 g dietary fiber | 0 cholesterol | 34 mg sodium