Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 x 1-lb 13-oz can sliced peaches
- 1 x 3-oz pkg. lemon gelatin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Drain peaches, reserving ½ c syrup.
- Dissolve gelatin, sugar and salt in 1 cup boiling water; stir in reserved peach syrup.
- Pour about ½ cup gelatin mixture into 1-quart mold; arrange 8 peach slices in mold.
- Chill until almost firm.
- Chill remaining gelatin mixture until partially thickened.
- Dice remaining peaches; fold diced peaches and whipped cream into thickened gelatin mixture.
- Pour over peach layer in mold; refrigerate until firm.