Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups drained canned or frozen sliced peaches*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine rice, eggs, salt, Sugar, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; turn into buttered 2-quart dish.
- Set dish in pan of hot water filled to within 1 inch of top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 1 hour, uncovered.
- After first 30 minutes insert spoon at edge of custard and stir from bottom.
- Near end of baking time insert knife near center, and if it comes out clean, custard is done.
- Combine peaches, lemon juice, brandy and coconut; toss lightly and chill until serving time.
- Arrange on top of custard just before serving.