Inducing a stone-cold combination of real fruit, rice, milk, and almonds, this juicy pudding has a large hint of vanilla extract and keeps a white-hot taste with the peaches. Make fruit pudding tastier by adding fruits or serving up a glorious treat with other desserts.
- 1 cup cooked rice, white only
- 2 tablespoons sugar, brown only
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh peach chunks
- whipped cream, for garnishing
- toasted sliced almonds, for garnishing
- Combine rice, sugar and milk in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes until thick and creamy; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir with vanilla. Cool, then fold with almonds and whipped cream.
- Alternate rice pudding and peaches in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Serve cold and plain.