- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar, brown only
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh peach chunks
- whipped cream, for garnishing
- toasted sliced almonds, for garnishing
- Combine rice, sugar and milk in 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes until thick and creamy; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir with vanilla. Cool, then fold in almonds and whipped cream.
- Alternate rice pudding and peaches in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds. Serve cold and plain.