Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Making this dessert in parfait glasses or beautiful dessert bowls adds to the fun, especially for kids, because you can see all the tasty layers you're about to enjoy.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ⅔ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- 3 medium peaches, cubed (2 cups)
- ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees f.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ricotta, yogurt, and sugar substitute and process until smooth.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the peaches into each of 4 parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over the peaches.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and ½ tablespoon of the almonds.
- Top evenly with remaining peaches, remaining ricotta mixture, a pinch of cinnamon, and remaining almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 cup serving:
- 160 Calories | 8g Fat | 2.5g Saturated fat | 9g protein | 15g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 80mg Sodium