Making this dessert in parfait glasses or beautiful dessert bowls adds to the fun, especially for kids, because you can see all the tasty layers you're about to enjoy.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Meal Plan
- Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ⅔ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅔ cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp granular sugar substitute
- 3 medium peaches, cubed (2 cups)
- ground cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees f.
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine ricotta, yogurt, and sugar substitute and process until smooth.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the peaches into each of 4 parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over the peaches.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and ½ tablespoon of the almonds.
- Top evenly with remaining peaches, remaining ricotta mixture, a pinch of cinnamon, and remaining almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 cup serving:
- 160 Calories | 8g Fat | 2.5g Saturated fat | 9g protein | 15g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 80mg Sodium