Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Wine Suggestions: Because the success of this salad depends on what you select at market, a light, dry white wine suits such a composed salad.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, or more as needed
- 5 oz soy bacon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar or honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups cubed pineapple, preferably fresh
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ pound mesclun salad mix, rinsed and dried
- sprigs chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, and cook soy bacon, several strips at a time, according to package directions.
- Drain strips on paper towels.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble or chop and set aside.
- Place peas in water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1 minute, remove from heat, rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- To make dressing, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar or honey, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- To assemble salad, layer serving bowl, starting with seeds, then peas, pineapple cubes, tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
- Dress as needed and toss before serving.