- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 900 ml (1½ pints) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300 g (10 oz) frozen peas
- 500 g (1 lb.) sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 600 ml (1 pint) water
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 25 g (1 oz) mint leaves
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) cream
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Add the spring onions and cook for 3–4 minutes until tender. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken stock, salt and frozen peas. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Put the sugar snaps, water, lettuce and mint leaves in a pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree in the food processor or blender, then sieve to remove any strings.
- Add to the spring onion and pea mixture, stir in the cream, season and reheat.
- Serve garnished with lettuce and mint.