Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb (2 c) dried yellow Swedish Peas -=OR=- domestic yellow split Peas
- 5 cup Cold water
- 2 med onions, finely chopped
- 1 med Onion, whole, peeled and studded with 2 cloves
- 1 lb Lean salt Pork, in 1 piece
- 1 tsp Majoram leaf -=OR=-
- 1/4 tsp Marjoam powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Cover with 5 cups cold water and boil over high heat.
- Skim off any pea husks that may have risen to the surface, add the finely chopped Onion, the whole Onion, salt Pork, marjoram and thyme
- Boil again.
- Immediately lower heat and simmer with pot partially covered for about 1 1/4 hours