Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 4
- 16 oz bag frozen green peas, slightly thawed
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free half and half
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 slices each pumpernickel and rye bread
- ½ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- 4 oz pkg thinly sliced lox or smoked salmon
- 28 very thin slices English seedless cucumber
- 8 oz tub smoked whitefish salad
- Purée ingredients in blender.
- Lay 4 slices bread on a cutting board.
- Spread each with 1 tbs cream cheese, top with lox and cucumber.
- Spread 4 more slices bread with rest of cream cheese.
- Place spread side down on cucumber, spread top slice with whitefish salad.
- Cover with remaining bread.
- Cut corner to corner.
- Serving suggestions: sprinkle soup with freshly ground pepper, garnish with chives.