- Wash the pea pods and chop them into small pieces.
- Place the fragments into a pan with the peeled and sliced bananas.
- Add 2.25 liters of water and bring it boil.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes then strain it and leave to settle with a cover on.
- Boil the sugar in 0.5 liter water until it clears and leave it to cool then.
- After 24 hours strain the pea and banana liquor through a fine cloth.
- Pour it into a demijohn.
- Add the other ingredients, except the yeast, including the sugar syrup and then top it up to the shoulder with lukewarm water.
- Now add the yeast and fit a bung and airlock.
- Leave it to ferment but be careful not to let heavy sediment build up.
- If there's sediment building up, rack the wine.
- Rack it as many times as necessary and bottle the wine when fermentation has stopped.