Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bean sprouts fried in batter is a simple and easy to prepare Burmese vegetarian main dish. It can also be served as an appetizer (by frying small balls) or snack.
- 250 g fresh bean sprouts
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon water
- ½ cup oil for deep frying
- Wash bean sprouts thoroughly and drain well.
- Remove the roots.
- To make the batter, add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Add in bean sprouts.
- In a frying pan, heat oil.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mixture and drop in the hot oil.
- Cook until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.