Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Savannah's Candy Man Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2007
- Show: Paula's Party
- Episode: Candy Connection
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- In a nonstick saucepan, heat and stir sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Over high heat, using a candy thermometer, cook sugar mixture to a hard crack stage (290°F).
- Add nuts and butter and cook to 300°F stirring all the time to keep the nuts from burning.
- Pull off heat at 300°F and stir in baking soda while beating to a froth for 30 seconds.
- Pour at once on to 4 well buttered 15½ by 10 by 1-inch pans.
- Spread with a spatula as thin as possible.
- As the brittle cools you may use gloves to hand stretch the brittle which will give it a better eating quality.
- This brittle has a great shelf life, if kept in air tight zip locks or containers, it will keep for 2 months.