Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Puckett Estate in Irving, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small white onion
- ½ bunch green onions chopped
- 1 cucumber cut in quarter rounds
- 2 banana peppers chopped finely
- ½ bunch parsley chopped
- ¼ cup dill chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh mint chopped
- ½ teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sumack
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- juice of one and a half lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel, dice and boil potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and then chop it into very thin half moons.
- Put chopped onion in a bowl and knead with 1 teaspoon salt until soft.
- Rinse salt off the onion and mix all the ingredients in a big bowl.