Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 200g/7oz raisins
- 1 tbsp honey
- 200g/7oz brown sugar
- 240ml/8fl.oz. water
- 200g/7of margarine
- 300g/11oz plain flour mixed with
- 2 teasp baking soda
- 75g/3oz Chopped nuts
- 225g/8oz Crystallized Fruit
- milk to mix
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and butter and flour a 20 cm/8-inch cake tin. Place the raisins, honey, Sugar and water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool a little then add the margarine and mix well.
- Add the flour and soda mixture, nuts, fruits and enough milk to make a soft mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool before serving.