- 4 – 5 plantains (not real ripe)
- Wesson oil
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped finely)
- 1 can chicken broth
- your favorite salsa
- Heat chicken broth in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic.
- Let it sit until the plantain is finished.
- Peel plantain.
- Cut into ½-inch slices.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy duty frying pan.
- Fry plantain a little at a time until it is slightly golden.
- Remove, drain on paper towels.
- Take a glass and flatten the plantain.
- Return to frying pan and fry until golden.
- Remove and drain.
- Serve the patacones using the garlic chicken broth as a dip and also use the salsa as a dip.