Canary Island-style pork roast. Very popular in the Canary Islands, these roast pork sandwiches are sure to please! The meat is juicy, and tender. Perfect for a picnic!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 – 4 hours | 10 minutes prep
- 6 – 8 servings
- 3 lbs pork sirloin roast (bone in, the roast should have a fair amount of fat on top)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons paprika (I like smokey)
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- sea salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 – 3 crusty French baguettes, sliced lengthwise
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt.
- Once creamy, add paprika, thyme, oregano and oil, and combine well.
- Rub roast all over with this mixture and put, uncovered, in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Bake 3 – 4 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into very thin slices, and serve on crusty baguettes, lightly salted.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (238g), not including the baguettes.
Calories 675 | Calories from Fat 408 (60%) | Amount Per Serving %DV | Total Fat 45.4g 69% | Saturated Fat 14.2g 70% | Polyunsat. Fat 4.1g | Monounsat. Fat 22.5g | Trans Fat 0.0g | Cholesterol 197mg 65% | Sodium 136mg 5% | Potassium 813mg 23% | Total Carbohydrate 0.8g 0% | Dietary Fiber 0.2g 0% | Sugars 0.1g | Protein 62.0g 124% | Vitamin A 298mcg 5% | Vitamin B6 0.9mg 45% | Vitamin B12 1.7mcg 28% | Vitamin C 1mg 2% | Vitamin E 1mcg 3% | Calcium 56mg 5% | Magnesium 55mg 13% | Iron 2mg 14%