Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Canary Island-style pork roast. Very popular in the Canary Islands, these roast pork sandwiches are sure to please! The meat is juicy, and tender. Perfect for a picnic!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 – 4 hours | 10 minutes prep
- 6 – 8 servings
- 3 lbs pork sirloin roast (bone in, the roast should have a fair amount of fat on top)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons paprika (I like smokey)
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- sea salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 – 3 crusty French baguettes, sliced lengthwise
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt.
- Once creamy, add paprika, thyme, oregano and oil, and combine well.
- Rub roast all over with this mixture and put, uncovered, in a 350°F preheated oven.
- Bake 3 – 4 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into very thin slices, and serve on crusty baguettes, lightly salted.
Nutritional information Edit
Calculated for 1 serving (238g), not including the baguettes.
Calories 675 | Calories from Fat 408 (60%) | Amount Per Serving %DV | Total Fat 45.4g 69% | Saturated Fat 14.2g 70% | Polyunsat. Fat 4.1g | Monounsat. Fat 22.5g | Trans Fat 0.0g | Cholesterol 197mg 65% | Sodium 136mg 5% | Potassium 813mg 23% | Total Carbohydrate 0.8g 0% | Dietary Fiber 0.2g 0% | Sugars 0.1g | Protein 62.0g 124% | Vitamin A 298mcg 5% | Vitamin B6 0.9mg 45% | Vitamin B12 1.7mcg 28% | Vitamin C 1mg 2% | Vitamin E 1mcg 3% | Calcium 56mg 5% | Magnesium 55mg 13% | Iron 2mg 14%