Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 Ripe but firm avocados
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 cup Pastina (6oz)
- 2 cup chicken stock (480ml)
- 2 Fresh tomatoes, skinned-seeded & chopped
- 2 tbsp Diced Onion
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced in -thin rounds
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup Vinaigrette (120ml)
- In El Salvador saffron rice is often served with avocado. I use pastina here as an alternative to both rice and couscous, and serve it cold, stuffed into avocado halves. You can use any favorite vinaigrette in this recipe.
- Heat 1/4 cup of chicken stock and steep threads 20 minutes. Cook pastina in chicken stock with diced Onion and steeped saffron. When cooked, drain and mix well with remaining ingredients. Stuff avocado halves. Serve as main course at lunch or first course at dinner.