Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Literally "little pies". With sweet fillings they can used as desserts and with savory fillings, either as side dishes or snacks.
- guava marmalade
- cream cheese
- herbed cream cheese
- sweetened cream cheese
- "picadillo" style meat
- apple pie filling
- cherry pie filling
- If using commercial puff pastry sheets, cut in thirds lengthwise, then again crosswise, resulting in 9 equal sized pieces.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of the square.
- Fold diagonally opposite corners of the puff pastry to form triangles and seal the edges with a fork. Note: the less you handle the sheets of pastry the more it will puff up later.
- Place pastries on a cookie sheet, leaving enough room between each so they don't touch once they puff up during cooking.
- Brush the tops with simple syrup using a pastry brush.
- Bake at on the middle rack of the oven at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until golden and flaky.
- Almost anything can be used as a filling, sweet or savory.