Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Three milk cake.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- fresh strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- In large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating to form stiff peaks.
- Add yolks, 1 at a time.
- Slowly add flour and milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Prepare Topping.
- Pour topping over cake and let sit until all the mixture is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare meringue and refrigerate.
- Before serving, cut cake into squares and spread meringue over each.
- Garnish as desired with fresh berries and mint leaves.
- Combine milks and sour cream (do not beat).
- Use as directed.
- Heat water in a saucepan. Add sugar and turn off heat.
- Let sit until sugar is dissolved.
- In clean electric mixer bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites.
- Slowly pour sugar syrup over egg whites, beating constantly until meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Store in refrigerator.
- This can be served immediately but is best made 24 hours ahead and chilled.
- The meringue will keep, covered, 2 days in the refrigerator.