Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup or 8 tbsp butter, unsalted room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup milk, sweetened condensed
- ⅔ cup milk, evaporated
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ½ to ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 7"x11" baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together well.
- cream, butter and sugar together in a mixer on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- On medium-low speed, add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla. Beat until foamy.
- Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in flour to mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes or till done.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Pierce cake all over with a fork, toothpick or skewer.
- Mix three milks together and pour over whole cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 2 – 8 hours until liquid is absorbed and cake is chilled.
- Beat the cream, sugar and vanilla together to make whipped cream.
- Frost the cake with the whipped cream and serve.
- Substitute coconut milk for the regular milk if you like. Scatter the frosting with coconut flakes. Add a touch of rum to the milks for even more tropical flavor.
- If you would like a layer cake, divide the batter between 2 prepared round cake pans. For layer cakes, you can add a filling of fruit between layers. Try pineapple filling, peaches or bananas. Or any fruit that suits your fancy.