Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon mixed minced fresh herbs (such as parsley, thyme and chives)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler. Wipe Mushroom caps with a damp paper towel and arrange, gill side down, on a small baking sheet, and coat lightly with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Broil 4 inches from heat 3 minutes. Turn over and broil 2 to 3 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Transfer to a cutting board; let cool. Cut into slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, ½ tablespoon herb mixture, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously until well blended and frothy.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Immediately pour in eggs and scatter Mushrooms over top. Rapidly stir with a folding motion about 1 minute, concentrating on moving eggs from outside of pan to center until omelet begins to set.
- Reduce heat to low and continue stirring and folding another 2 minutes or so until omelet sets. Remove from heat and sprinkle goat Cheese over omelet.
- Roll omelet onto a warmed platter, garnish with remaining ½ tablespoon herbs, and serve immediately.