Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of cachaça (or vodka)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- ⅓ cup warm water with 2 pinches of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Sift the flour with baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix in the sifted flour, margarine, cachaça and egg.
- Mix well while adding the warm water until you get a dough.
- Move the dough to a flat surface and knead it for 15 minutes.
- Flat the dough and take half of the dough each time and flatten it with the pin.
- Fold the dough a couple of times and flatten it again until you get a thin elastic strip.
- Lay the stripes down in a floured surface.
- Place full teaspoons of your favorite filling evenly distributed on the dough.
- Fold it and cut with a glass or a cookie cutter.
- Pinch with your finger the seam to make sure it is closed.
- Fry in oil (at least 1 inch deep) at 350°F until it is golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and dry on paper towels to cool.