Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Portuguese cod cakes
- This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 lb of salt cod
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup of parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Soak cod overnight.
- The next day pour off old water and add new enough to cover the fish.
- Bring to a boil. This reduces the amount of salt in the fish.
- Taste a small sample of the fish, if it is still too salty change the water and boil again.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes until tender.
- Mash the cod and the potatoes together.
- Add the eggs, parsley, onion, and pepper mix this well.
- Shape into balls and flatten out to the shape of a patty.
- Fry them in oil until golden brown all over.
- Drain on paper towels.