- 2 pounds fresh chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- ½ pound tofu, chopped
- ¼ cup (or less) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- cayenne or other hot pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan or romano cheese, grated
- Place chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil and tofu in large bowl.
- Add olive oil and hot pepper.
- Marinate for a least 2 hours (but preferably 4 hours).
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the grated cheese.
- Then toss the pasta with the tomato mixture, or place tomato mixture on top.