Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pasta with Scallops, Sundried Tomatoes and Arugula from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- non-fat cooking spray
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 pound scallops
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add scallops and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Drain pasta then add to the scallops.
- Add tomatoes, arugula, lemon zest and lemon juice then toss until combined.
- Divide equally on plates then serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
Before grating the zest, be sure to wash the outside of the lemon with warm water, a little soap then rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel. Citrus fruits are often handled by other customers and employees at the grocery store before you purchase it so washing the rind first will remove any surface dirt.