Pasta with Scallops, Sundried Tomatoes and Arugula from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- non-fat cooking spray
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 pound scallops
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add scallops and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Drain pasta then add to the scallops.
- Add tomatoes, arugula, lemon zest and lemon juice then toss until combined.
- Divide equally on plates then serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
Before grating the zest, be sure to wash the outside of the lemon with warm water, a little soap then rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel. Citrus fruits are often handled by other customers and employees at the grocery store before you purchase it so washing the rind first will remove any surface dirt.