- 1 lb dried pasta such as farfalle, rotini, twists or shells
- ¼ cup olive oil plus 1 tbs. with minced garlic
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced thin crosswise
- 2 ears corn cut from cob, or about 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ green, red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ to ½ cup minced onion
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⅓ to 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp fresh snipped chives
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 1½ tbsp water
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil leaves, crumbled or 2 to 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
188.8.131.52 17:41, November 28, 2010 (UTC)Directions Edit
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon oil mixed with garlic.
- In bowl, combine carrot, corn, pepper, onion, tomato, chickpeas and chives.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Add pasta and toss to combine.
- To make vinaigrette, mix remaining oil, vinegar, water, garlic and basil in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, and blend well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss well.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.