Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For a richly flavored creamy sauce with sausage - it can't get much easier than this! Plus it pairs perfectly with store bought dry pasta (we recommend rigatoni or penne). If you have access to fresh truffles, you can shave a few ribbons over the top to transform this rustic dish to something exquisite!
Most of you know this sauce as Norcina - but at our house we affectionately call it - pasta di Rossana in honor of our dear friend who first taught Jason this simple winter sauce! We'd arrive for dinner with a hungry look in our eyes begging for 'pasta di Rossana' and its meaty creamy goodness. She would laugh & say "Dear it is not MY sauce but the sauce of Norcia." We nod understandingly, smile back & ask for another serving of pasta di Rossana!
- 6 oz of sausage meat
- 1 carrot, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- olive oil
- ladle of bechamel (panna per la cucina)
- parmesan cheese
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (penne or rigatoni work wonderful)
- (Optional: Truffle shavings)
- With a little olive oil in a pan, throw in the garlic clove whole & brown. Then discard garlic.
- Add chopped carrot & saute over medium heat for a minute or two.
- Add in sausage meat & crack of pepper. Cook sausage until brown, mashing & breaking up into little pieces.
- Lower heat & add in ladle full of bechamel & some parmesan cheese.
- Cook for a minute or two. Add a little pasta water if it gets too thick.
- Toss with cooked pasta & serve.
- (If you are able to find truffles, shave a few ribbons over the top.)