Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: My All Recipes
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- ¾ cup bow tie (farfalle) pasta
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic; cook and stir until softened.
- Mix in the eggplant.
- Let the eggplant cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Then stir and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the spinach and season with salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the drained pasta and lemon juice along with ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining cheese and cracked black pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 304 | Total Fat: 22.5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 498mg | Total Carbs: 17g | Dietary Fiber: 4.4g | Protein: 11.1g