Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spaghetti Sauce (Meatless) by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 11 oz uncooked macaroni (1⅓ cups raw)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- ⅔ cup onion, chopped
- ⅔ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups undrained vegetarian beans (or ½ cup dry Great Northern beans, soaked and cooked)
- Cook pasta; drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chopped green pepper, chopped onion, and chopped celery.
- Stir-fry until soft and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic powder.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add beans and drained pasta.
- Mix and serve.
- Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese for extra Italian flavor.