Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pasta, Peas and Shrimp Salad from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium-sized shrimp
- 8 ounces dried rotini pasta (optional: may use other pasta shapes like radiatori or gemelli)
- 1 6-ounce package of frozen snow peas
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- non-fat cooking spray
- Thaw shrimp if frozen.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add snow peas to pasta water about 1 minute before pasta is done cooking.
- Drain in a colander then return pasta and peas to the pot.
- Add bell pepper and green onions and toss well.
- Cover and set aside.
- Place vinegar, oil, soy sauce and red pepper in an airtight container, cover, then shake to combine ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque.
- Place pasta mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp and toss well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette then toss until well coated then serve.