- 1 quart diced red onion
- 2 Pounds diced red bell pepper
- ¾ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp + teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 Cup tequila (or substitute orange juice)
- 3 Pounds tomatoes (preferably Roma), peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 Cups chopped cilantro
- ½ Cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Pounds and 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 6 California avocados
- 3 Cups feta Cheese, crumbled
- 24 lime wedges
Deglaze pan with tequila.
Simmer, covered, until tomato releases juices, about 10 minutes; reserve.
Meanwhile, dice 1/2 avocado (about 2 ounces or 1/2 cup); reserve.
Stir hot, drained Pasta in vegetable mixture; toss over medium-high heat.
Serve with 2 lime wedges.