Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Sauté onion, celery and nuts in shortening until vegetables are tender.
- Add broken matzos and toast lightly.
- Combine salt, pepper, egg, soup and rind in large bowl.
- Add matzo mixture and mix well.
- Fill a 4 lb chicken and place bird on a rack in an open roasting pan with breast side down for first ½ of roasting time.
- Combine ingredients for glaze and pour over chicken.
- Bake in slow oven, 325°F for about 2 – 2½ hrs or until browned and tender.