Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 matzoh crackers
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp apricots, dried, chopped
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup matzoh meal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Soak matzoh in water to cover 3 to 5 minutes.
- Squeeze dry.
- Mix matzoh, currants, almonds, apricots, yolks, matzoh meal, sugar, lemon rind and juice in bowl.
- Beat egg whites in bowl until stiff, not dry.
- Fold into matzoh mixture.
- Heat ¼" vegetable oil in electric wok or deep fryer to 375 °F.
- Drop mixture by measuring tablespoons into oil; cook gently 2-4 minutes, turning when first side is golden.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Or crisp: arrange in single layer on paper-toweling-lined baking sheets and bake in 350 °F oven 5 minutes.