- 1 1/2 cup raw carrots, (scraped and grated)
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 eggs, (separated)
- 1 cup blanched almonds, (finely ground)
- 1/2 rind lemon, 1/2 (grated)
- 1 tbsp sweet red wine
- Use a fine grater to prepare the carrots.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks until light and thick.
- Add the carrots, almonds, lemon rind and wine and blend well.
- Beat the egg whites stiff and fold them into pudding.
- Grease a casserole or bundt cake ring [and coat with cake meal - OPTIONAL].
- Pour in pudding and bake at 325 °F about 60 min.
- Until firm and well browned.
- Serve at once.