Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 lbs fresh beets or 2 cans shoestring beets (12 oz.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 oz blanched, shredded almonds
- 1¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp ginger (or less to taste)
- Boil, peel and grate fresh beets on large grater, or use shoestring beets.
- Bring sugar and honey to a rolling boil; add beets, lemon juice and rind.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add ginger and cook until thick, about 30 minutes longer.
- Add almonds, cook for 5 minutes.
- Stirring often.