Easter Bread. 6 servings
- 1 cake or pkg. yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 9 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Crumble yeast into bowl; add 1 cup milk and 1 cup flour.
- Mix and set aside to rise in warm place.
- Cream butter; add sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining milk.
- Add to yeast mixture.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Set aside in warm place until double in bulk.
- Form into desired shapes.
- Allow dough to rise to double in bulk in pans;.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Halfway through baking, brush top with beaten egg yolk to which a little milk has been added.