Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Easter Bread. 6 servings
- 1 cake or pkg. yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 9 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Crumble yeast into bowl; add 1 cup milk and 1 cup flour.
- Mix and set aside to rise in warm place.
- Cream butter; add sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Add remaining milk.
- Add to yeast mixture.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Set aside in warm place until double in bulk.
- Form into desired shapes.
- Allow dough to rise to double in bulk in pans;.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Halfway through baking, brush top with beaten egg yolk to which a little milk has been added.