- 5 eggs
- 500 g of frozen (or fresh) spinach
- 2 frozen sheets of puff pastry
- 1 Onion
- 3 garlic cloves (you can use more if you really love garlic)
- olive oil (Spanish of course)
- 4 or 5 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave oven for 10 minutes in high.
- In the meantime slice the Onion thinly and fry it with olive oil with the garlic in a very hot frying pan until it gives that nice fried Onion smell (yes just before it burns itself away).
- Toss the defrosted spinach into the frying pan and add one of the eggs to this mixture, add 2 soup spoons of bread crumbs, and mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes in high.
- Using non-stick baking paper line the inside of the round baking tray (20 cm diameter will do).
- You might decide to have a glass (or 2) of a nice white or red wine, whislt you are doing this. Lay one sheet of the puff pastry on the tray and add the mixture of spinach, Onion and garlic. Break the rest of the eggs and put them on top of this mixture. Finally add the Cheese slices on top of the eggs. Cover this with the second sheet of puff pastry. Cook for 35 minutes in a pre heated oven at 220 °C