Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This is my favourite way of eating parwal. It is my Dad's creation!
- 250 gms parwal
- ½ tsp haldi/turmeric
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper/kali mirch, roughly ground;
- 4 tsp oil
- Cut parwal lengthwise. No need to scrape the skin.
- Heat the oil and put the parwal. Sprinkle haldi.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fry on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle pepper powder and salt.
- Best had straight from the pan-super hot-the smell is heady and poetry inducing.